BioCNG, LLC — converting biogas to CNG
BioCNG, LLC is the co-inventor of the patent-pending BioCNG™ biogas conditioning system, which economically produces biogas-based fuel for compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles.
The innovative system is operating successfully, running several small fleets on CNG produced from landfill gas, wastewater treatment plant digesters, and anaerobic food waste digester biogas – and at a fraction of the cost of gasoline!
While the standard BioCNG™ unit sizes use 50, 100 and 200 scfm, systems can process 20 to 2000 scfm of biogas to produce 100 to 10,000 gasoline gallon equivalents (GGE) of BioCNG per day. The fuel can be used directly or mixed with natural gas to produce a blended vehicle fuel. The modular BioCNG system can easily be expanded to respond to increased gas production.
After cleaning and conditioning, BioCNG™ fuel meets SAE J 1616 and engine manufacturers’ fuel specifications and can be used without modification in the same engines as natural gas-CNG.
Economical and affordable
- BioCNG system operation and maintenance (production) costs are about 25 percent of the price of conventional gasoline or diesel.
- Federal renewable fuel credits (RINS) are available for biogas-based CNG from landfills, wastewater treatment plants and manure/organics digesters.
- Additional alternative fuel production grants/tax credits/rebates may be available in your state or at the federal level.
Help when you need it
In addition to designing the plant, BioCNG, LLC can help you through permitting and installation. Our services include:
- Preparing a pro forma financial statement.
- Permitting of a plant at your landfill, waste water treatment plant, anaerobic digester, or other biogas site.
- Construction management of the plant.
- Training, so your personnel can operate the plant safely and efficiently.